Information That We Collect
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. This information constitutes standard Apache log data, including the following:
- Internet address of connecting client
- Authenticated user id
- Time stamp
- Request made
- Server's response code and number of bytes returned
- The "user agent" string identifying the make of client
- Your browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics
- Information provided voluntarily by you, including but not limited to social media data submitted by logging in to save your results or text submitted when proposing or reporting a question through the website
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We use self-expiring session cookies for the purpose of maintaining the test session for a given user. We also use them to anonymously match the session with sessions on our other websites, which are: youronline.life, applymagicsauce.com, concertoplatform.com and occasionally other domains that explicitly state if cookies are used in their respective user consent policies. Session matching merely tells us whether it was likely to be the same person using multiple websites we manage, without telling us who this person is.
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Facebook Social Plugins are optional part of the site and one needs to have a Facebook Account to use them. They provide a way to authenticate in order to save personal results and an ability to like and share posts on this site, and their usage is a subject to Facebook’s Data Policy.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of Your Information
The information you submit to the website, in particular your responses to our questions and demographic data you submit through the feedback panel, may be stored and used for academic and business purposes, and also disclosed to third parties, for example (but not limited to) other research institutions. Any disclosure will be strictly in an anonymous format, such that the information can never be used to identify you or any other individual user.
If you have previously completed a test developed by the University of Cambridge Psychometrics Centre, we may match your responses across tests for the purposes of research and in providing you with more informative feedback.
We use the information that we collect from you to provide you with feedback on your responses. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide specific information to you that you request from us relating to our research.
- To inform you of any changes to our website or terms and conditions.
- To provide information to you relating to other questionnaires that may be of interest to you.
- We may use your email address to contact you from time to time regarding improvements to our questionnaires and to invite you to try out new features. Your email will never be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
The sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, therefore sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
You have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.